About Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Nashik was established through Act XX of 1989 of the Maharashtra State Legislature coming into effect on July 1, 1989. It is a public university. The University holds membership of Association of Indian Universities, Association of Commonwealth Universities, Asian Association of Open Universities and Commonwealth of Learning. It currently offers several offline programs along with online initiatives.
Maharashtra has a long and rich tradition of educational reforms. Mahatma Jyotiba Phule, Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar, Bhaurao Patil, Swami Raman and Teerth and other great thinkers and reformers have contributed to educational philosophy and movement in the state. It was, therefore, appropriate that the state realized the need of an Open University; The University was established on 1st July, 1989 through Act XX of 1989 of the Maharashtra State Legislature, justly named after Yashwantrao Chavan, Maharashtra’s great political leader and builder of modern Maharashtra. Due to statutory powers conferred by an act XX (1989) of Maharashtra state legislature and the recognition by the ‘University Grants Commission of India’, this university is fully empowered to award various academic certifications like certificates, diplomas, and graduate, post-graduate, doctoral degrees. This university also takes all precautions, at all programme stages from ‘Curriculum Design’ to ‘Examination’, to ensure that the standards and quality of, education and examinations are preserved. The curriculum of these programmes is designed for Equivalence, with respective similar academic programmes, offered by other statutory universities of various states. University also provides many different diploma or certificates, which may or may not be equivalent to any other such certificates. These certificates will motivate students for self-study, as their learning efforts will be recognized by the university after short duration. These certificates will be provided only when, student requests for it along with attested photocopies of Mark-Sheets confirming successful completion of the required courses in end examination. No convocation shall be necessary for issue of these certificates.
YCMOU Admission 2019
YCMOU offers various Certificate, PG Diploma, Diploma, Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs in its 8 schools. The application form and fee can be submitted online followed by submission of fee receipt at the designated study center.
- B.A, B.Sc, B.Com, BBA, BFA BCA courses require a pass in 10+2 in the relevant group.
- For B.Tech program, a pass in 10+2 with Science group is required while a Graduation degree is mandatory for B.Li.Sc and B.Ed course.
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline is mandatory for M.A, M.Sc, M.Com, and M.Li.Sc courses.
- YCMOU conducts CET to offer admission in M.Sc (Agricultural Extension), MBA MPH courses.
- Apart from the PG Diploma, Diploma and Certificate courses, the university also offers preparatory programs in various disciplines.
- Students can fill the application form online. Final seat will be confirmed only after submission of the fee receipt at the respective study or regional center.
- The admission to all the courses offered by YCMOU is based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the last qualifying examination.
- After publication of merit list, the candidates can collect the study material from their allotted study center.
Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University Online Exam Form
- The student should contact his/her Study Centre for guidance regarding obtaining the examination form 2-3 months before the commencement of the examination schedule. For many academic programmes, the Forms can also be downloaded from the university portal. The last date for filling the examination form shall be notified. Late forms are liable to be rejected.
- The YCMOU has adopted two approaches about “Examination Fee” paid to university – by the fresh students:
- The examination fee is collected at the time of admission along with the programme fees.
- The examination fee is not paid along with the programme fee. In such cases, the student pays the examination fee along with the Examination form.
- All the repeater students have to fill the Examination Form as specified online/ offline and submit the fee as per procedure notified. Currently the examination fees is to be paid in Maharashtra Bank by chalan
- Do not send the Original mark-sheets along with the Examination Form
- The examination Form is available free of cost to the Students. The Student can use a xerox copy of the Examination Form too. The form is being made available on website.
- The Examination Form must be filled carefully and fully with due attention to correctness of the information and following of correct procedures.
YCMOU Affiliated Colleges
- BP SULAKHE COMMERCE COLLEGE
- KOHINOOR INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE - [KIMI]
- INDIAN INSTITUTE OF HOSPITALITY AND MANAGEMENT - [IIHM]
- MUMBAI COLLEGE OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT AND CATERING TECHNOLOGY - [MCHMCT]
- ABHINAV INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT
- MICROCOMM INFOTECH
- KCES COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
- ACHARYA JAWADEKAR COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
- INSTITUTE OF PRINTING TECHNOLOGY - [IPT]
Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University Major Courses
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION [MBA]
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE [B.SC]
- BACHELOR OF ARTS [B.A]
- BACHELOR OF COMMERCE [B.COM]
- BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION [BBA]
- BACHELOR OF EDUCATION [B.ED]
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE [B.SC] (DESIGN)
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE [B.SC] (MEDICAL)
- BACHELOR OF ARCHITECTURE [B.ARCH]
- BACHELOR OF DESIGN [B.DES]
- BACHELOR OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE [B.LIB.I.SC]
- BACHELOR OF FIRE AND HEALTH SAFETY ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT
- BACHELOR OF COMPUTER APPLICATION [B.C.A]
- MASTER OF ARTS [M.A]
- MASTER OF SCIENCE [M.SC]
- MASTER OF ARCHITECTURE [M.ARCH]
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN FIRE SAFETY MANAGEMENT
- FOUNDATION DIPLOMA IN ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN [FDAD]