About Islamic University of Science and Technology
The Islamic University of Science and Technology (IUST), Awantipora, Kashmir has been established in year 2005 at Jammu & Kashmir. While the university started functioning in November, 2005 the teaching programme was started in July 2006. The University is located in Awantipora, a small picturesque town situated on the main national highway (NH1A) in Kashmir approximately 30 km south of the capital city of Srinagar and adjacent to the shrine of Syed Hassan Mantaqi. Community Initiatives Besides, imparting formal education to the younger generation, the University realizes its role for community development especially given its rural setting. We take every opportunity possible to reach out to the local community and seek means and mechanisms to connect to it. In this direction, IUST with the help of many individuals/ organizations who are experts in their respective fields have made various efforts to reach out to the local community and raise awareness, make their grievances reach the authorities, apprise them of the latest technologies and trends to make their work easy and more attractive.
- The formal beginning of the teaching in the university started on July, 2006 with its governing body including the Chief Minister of J & K as the Chancellor and the Executive Council being its executive authority.
- The IUST is an embodiment of culture, academy, social awareness and all which caters to the needs of the student irrespective of caste, religion or so.
- It was established in the beautiful region of Awantipora in Kashmir which is 30 km south of the capital city of Srinagar
- It offers varied courses that encompass all the areas of Science and Technology that are guaranteed to give success to the students at all levels
- The university has 3 centers including International Centre for Spiritual Studies, Rinchen Shah Center for West Himalayan Cultures and Mantaqi Center for Science and Society
- IUST have signed MoU with University of Kashmir, University of Delhi and Tokyo University of Foreign Studies
Islamic University of Science and Technology Admission 2019
IUST offers B.Tech programs in 6 engineering disciplines, including BBA, B.Sc. AFM and BA English (Hons.) programs at the undergraduate level. It offers MBA, MCA, M. Tech Food Technology, M.Sc. and MA programs at the PG level in various disciplines. It also offers Ph.D. programs various fields.
- B. Tech regular candidates must apply for JEE Main (Paper-I) prior to filling the IUST application form.
- M. Tech candidates must apply with a valid GATE score, in the absence of which the IUST entrance test for the particular program must be taken.
- Applying and appearing for UG CMAT (conducted by AIMA for IUST) is a pre-requisite for admission to the BBA program.
- The application fee for all programs offered by IUST can be paid through online mode only. No other mode of fee payment is recognized by the university.
- Candidates without a CMAT/ MAT score are also eligible to apply for the MBA program conducted by IUST. Such candidates must take the Institutional MAT of IUST and appear for the GD and PI session conducted at University level.
- Entrance tests for all courses except B. Tech regular and MBA are conducted at the university campus.
- MBA candidates who have successfully cleared the Common Management Admission Test are further evaluated through a Group Discussion session on global current affairs followed by a Personal Interview.
- For admission to BBA, five subjects to be used for calculating qualifying examination points reduced to the base of 40. The subjects include English and best four subjects other than English.
- For admission to B. Tech Food Technology, the five subjects to be used for calculating qualifying examination points reduced to the base of 40 include Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Mathematics, English and best one subject other than the above four.
Admission Highlights of IUST :
|Name of the University
||Islamic University of Science & Technology (IUST)
|Basic Admission Criteria
||Entrance and merit based
|Last Date to Apply
||June 30, 2019
|Name of Entrance Exam
||IUST Entrance Exam
Islamic University of Science and Technology Admission Schedule
||Admission Start Date
||Admission End Date
||June 19, 2019
||June 30, 2019
|Other UG Courses
|Other PG Courses
Admission Process 2019:
Candidates can apply for admission to a particular program only through online mode by visiting the University website. Candidates must also ensure his/her eligibility as per the criteria laid down for admission to a particular program. The application process in details is as follows:
- Candidates must log on to the University website and proceed to the Admissions/ Online Application page in order to fill the application form online.
- Candidates interested in Self-Financing / payment category and NRI quota must indicate their choice in the application form.
- After reading the instruction carefully, candidates must click on the “Proceed” button at the bottom of the page.
- Candidates who are filling the application form afresh must click on the link titled “Apply for Under Graduate” or “Apply for Post Graduate” as required, under the “New Applicant” tab.
- “Existing Applicant” can use their already issued Application number to proceed with applying for additional programs as desired.
- All relevant columns in the application form must be filled correctly. The information entered if later found to be fraudulent or incorrect, the candidate with forfeit his/ her candidature.
- Candidates are also required to upload a scanned copy of their passport size colored photograph while filling the application form. The recommended dimension of the photograph is 130x160 pixels (5-200KB, .jpg or .png format).
- In order to qualify for reservation, candidates must specify their caste/ category clearly in the application form.
- Candidates belonging to reserved categories must upload copies of relevant certificates while filling the application form. Applications without the appropriate certificate won’t be considered for reservation.
- Upon successful online submission of the complete application form, the candidate will receive an acknowledgment message mentioning his/ her Name, Applicant No. and Form No. The Applicant number and Form number must be preserved for future references.
- The candidate is required to send a hard copy of the complete Application form along with attested copies of all relevant documents (including category certificate, if applicable) to the Admission Section of the University.
- Candidates applying for courses, the entrance criteria for which is a selection test, will be issued roll numbers after submission of hard copies. Candidates for such programs are required to download their roll numbers/ admit cards from the University website.
- The application fee which amounts to INR 1000 must be paid through online modes only. Bank cards or internet banking may be used for the purpose.
- Candidates must collect the proper receipt of hard copy of the application form and the prospectus at the time of form submission.
Attested photocopies of the following documents must be submitted along with a copy of the complete Application Form:
- State Subject Certificate
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Marks Card of the Qualifying Examination
- JEE Main (Paper-I)-2019 / CMAT/MAT /IUST MAT Score Card (if applicable)
- Category Certificate issued by the concerned authorities (if applicable)
- Provisional/ Character Certificate from the institute last attended
- Certificate of Permanent Resident of J&K or of J&K Origin (in case of NRI-sponsored candidate).
Additionally, NRI-sponsored candidates must submit an undertaking on a plain paper in the prescribed format and attach certificate from the bank mentioning NRI account in the name of the sponsor including his/ her current overseas address and phone number.
Islamic University Affiliated Colleges
Islamic University of Science and Technology Major Courses
UG Courses: B.Tech programs in 6 engineering disciplines, including BBA, B.Sc. AFM and BA English (Hons.).
PG Courses: MBA, MCA, M. Tech Food Technology, M.Sc. and MA