In 1892-93 the University began to invest some capital in the Government Securities. In 1899-1900 its reserve fund amounted to Rs. 34,000. The University was thus now in a position to construct its own buildings. In 1909 the present site was selected for the Library, the Senate House and the Law College. These buildings, which now house the Registrar's Office, Senate Hall and the English Department, were designed by Sir Swinton Jacob and their construction was approved in 1910. The foundation of the Senate House was laid on 17th January 1910 by Sir John Havett, the Chancellor.
From the beginning the University has been concerned about women's education. It purchased houses for women’s Hostel and College at the cost of Rs. 66,286 and other buildings adjoining the College. Subsequently, the P.C. Banerji Hostel, the K.P. University College and the Diamond Jubilee Hostels were constructed. A few years back the Tara Chand Hostel was constructed. The Muslim Boarding House (popularly called Muslim Hostel) is the oldest of all these hostels for it was constructed in 1896-97. In this millennium year, the University of Allahabad completes more than a hundred and thirteen years. All latest updates about Allahabad University Exam Results 2016 will be available at this page