About Bharathiar University
The Bharathiar University was established at Coimbatore by the Government of TamilNadu in February, 1982 under the provision of the Bharathiar University Act, 1981 (Act 1 of 1982). The Postgraduate Centre of the University of Madras, which was functioning in Coimbatore before 1982 formed the core of the Bharathiar University. In May, 1985 the University received the recognition from University Grants Commission (UGC) New Delhi for the purpose of grants.
The University named after the great national poet Subramania Bharathi is enshrined with the motto “Educate to Elevate”. In the University, every effort is harnessed to realize his dream of making educational institutions as temple of learning. It is the aim of the University to participate in the task of inculcating necessary Knowledge, Skills and Creative Attitudes and values among the youth of the country to contribute more effectively towards establishing an equitable social and economic and secular ideal of our nation.
The university operates through the following schools/ departments:
- School of Life sciences
- School of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering
- School of Commerce and Management
- School of Chemical Sciences
- School of Computer Science and Engineering
- School of Educational studies
- School of Physical sciences
- School of Economics
- School of Mathematics and Statistics
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Tamil and other Indian Languages
- School of English and other Foreign Languages
- School of Distance Education (SDE)
Important Points About University:
- Motto of the University is” Educate to Elevate”
- Vision of the University is “To provide internationally comparable quality higher education to the youth”
- Mission of the university is “To impart knowledge and skills to students equipping them to be ready to face the emerging challenges to the knowledge area”
- The University is situated at the backdrop of Maruthamalai Hills in the Western Ghat range, in a sprawling campus of 1000 acres of land. 15 kms. From the City of Coimbatore
- University has 108 affiliated colleges, 96 Arts and Science Colleges, 3 University Consituent Colleges, and 1 Air Force Administration College
Bharathiar University Admission 2018
Selection to the PG courses is based either on qualifying marks (direct admission) or on the basis of performance in an entrance examination conducted by the university. TANCET marks are considered for MBA and MCA courses and admissions will be made through centralized counseling conducted by Government College of Technology,Coimbatore. Last date for submitting applications for admission to MCA (Lateral Entry) is within 10 days from the date of publication of TANCET 2017 results.
Interested candidates can apply through online or download the application form available at the university website and submit it upon completion along with the required fee of Rs.300/- to the head of the concerned department. For the academic year 2017-18, the last date for submitting completed applications is May 22, 2017. Application forms and prospectus can be obtained from the Registrar in person or by post, starting from April 17, 2017, on requisition with a cost of Rs.300/- (Rs.150/- in case of SC/ST candidates) in the form of demand draft (DD) drawn in favour of the “Registrar, Bharathiar University” and payable at Coimbatore.
In addition to the regular courses, the university also offers several programmes through distance learning mode via the School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University. Admission to the university programmes is done directly on first come first serve basis. Application forms and prospectus can be obtained in person or by post from the university centres or downloaded from the university website upon payment of INR 150 through crossed Demand Draft.
Bharathiar University Application Process 2017
Candidates seeking admission to PG Degree/ Diploma courses can apply through online or offline mode. Interested students can register themselves online through the official university website and submit the required fee through available payment modes. Students can also apply offline by obtaining the application form and submitting it upon completion along with the processing fee for Rs. 300/- as Registration fee (Rs.150 /- for SC / ST candidates) through Demand Draft and necessary enclosures. Last date for submitting duly filled-in applications to the concerned Head of the Department by Post / in person is May 22, 2017.
- Students can obtain the prescribed the application form in person from university office at a cost of Rs.300/- to be remitted by a Bank of India Challan (into the General fund Account of Bharathiar University) or a demand draft of any Nationalized Bank. Demand Draft (DD) should be dated not earlier than April 17, 2017 and must be drawn in favour of the Registrar, Bharathiar University and payable at Coimbatore.
- In case of SC/ST candidates, the fee is Rs. 150/-provided they produce an attested Photocopy of his/her community certificate along with the request for the application.
- The candidate shall also send a self-addressed envelope (28 x 13 cms) affixing Rs. 60/- stamp along with the application form
- Candidates can also download the application form available at the university website and submit it upon completion along with a DD for Rs. 300/- as Registration fee (Rs. 150 /- for SC / ST candidates)
- Application forms along with the hall-ticket, completed in all respects, must reach the below-given address on or before May 22, 2017:
Professor and Head,
Department of ...............
Coimbatore - 641 046
Duly filled-in applications should be sent along with the Xerox copies of the following certificates:
- SSLC Mark Sheet
- HSC Mark Sheet
- Degree Mark Sheets
- Community Certificate
- Provisional / Degree Certificate (if already qualified for degree)
- Certificate of extra-curricular activities, if any
- Certificate of disablement (for disabled students)
Bharathiar University Online Exam Result
Students are advised to follow these steps in order to check their result:
- Visit the official website of the Bharathiar University.
- Navigate to the Exam Result link.
- Now choose your department & click on the desired link in the drop-down menu.
- After clicking on the desired link you will be redirected to the result page.
- Enter your registration number & submit.
- Your result will be displayed on the screen. Save & take a printout of your scorecard.
Bharathiar University Exam Admit Card Download
Steps to Download Admit Card
- Go to official website i.e. www.b-u.ac.in
- Login with your Roll Number and Date of Birth
- Click on submit button
- Verify all the information which is mentioned on admit card
- Download the admit card
Bharathiar University Affiliated CollegesMajor Colleges affiliated with the university are:
- IIKM Business School, Chennai
- Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College, Coimbatore
- Kongunadu Arts and Science College, Coimbatore
- Maharaja CoEducation College of Arts & Science, Erode
- Dr GR Damodaran College of Science - [GRDCS], Coimbatore
- Hindustan College of Arts and Science- [HICAS], Coimbatore
- Kongu Arts and Science College - [KASC], Erode
- CMS College of Science and Commerce, Coimbatore
- ICAT Design and Media College, Chennai
- RVS College of Arts and Science - [RVSCAS], Coimbatore
- Rathinam College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore
- GRG School of Management Studies - [GRGSMS], Coimbatore
- AJK College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore
- Indian School of Science and Management - [ISSM], Chennai
- Sri Krishna Arts and Science College, Coimbatore
Bharathiar University Major Courses
Below are the various courses offered by University.
UG Courses: B.A., B.Sc., B.L.I.Sc. (Library Science), B.A. (Language), B.C.A. (Computer Applications), B.B.A., B.Com., B.S.W. (Social Work), B.Ed.
PG Courses: M.Sc., M.Com., M.A., M.S.W. (Social Work), M.L.I.Sc. (Library Science), M.Ed. (Education), MBA, MCA, PG Diploma