The University holds the distinction of being the first Women University in North India.
The first Academic Session of the University commenced in August 2007 and since then the University has progressed by leaps and bounds. The University, already recognized under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956 became the quickest University to get recognition under Section 12(B) of the UGC Act, 1956.
Established in the rural heartland of Haryana, the University aims at women emancipation and empowerment by educating them. The motto of the University, written below its logo, reflects the same: Empowering Women with Education.
To ensure that the University achieves what it has aimed for, the Infrastructure has been a special emphasis in this initial phase. The University has an existing campus sprawling over 185 acres and a proposal to acquire 450 acres of more land promises a world class infrastructure in the University.
About five thousand students, already enrolled, with the various colleges of the university are getting education and training in professional courses like BAMS, B. Ed, D. Ed, Diploma in Electronics and Communication, Computer Engineering, Pharmacy, Library and Information Science, MLT, IT and Modern Office Practice. Five year and three year LLB courses are imparted at PSD Girls Law College.